Full Stack Developer / Senior Developer
The Full Stack Developer / Senior Developer will work on a variety of projects to support our Story Tools, Metered Paywall and Identity Arc Suite of applications including building out new features, making improvements to existing features and functionality and maintaining and improving our AWS infrastructure.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history, and passion for, solving complex technical challenges with a particular focus on efficiency and performance. Our development team is an energetic and forward-thinking team which uses rapid agile development in an open-source, devops cloud-based environment.
- Developing new, and contributing to existing, platforms that have a critical role in the digital landscape that supports washingtonpost.com.
- Leading and participating in major architectural decisions, helping to review code and implementations, and bring in new and emerging technologies into the organization.
- Promoting an agile - prototype first - culture that prizes continuous learning and growth, while maintaining a high regard for quality.
- Owning the end to end technical requirements and roadmap for major engineering products.
- Working in tandem with editorial and business partners to build leading edge media products that have a material impact on The Washington Post and the industry.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of relevant technical professional experience required (including 2+ years in a software development role) - familiar with both front end and back end technologies
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum. Experience with JIRA desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate methodologies and their applications to non-technical individuals
- Openness to working with new frameworks \\ languages, a passion to learn emerging technologies & paradigms, and ability to handle occasional ambiguity.
- Excellent judgment, both in technical and organizational problem solving.