Statistician Researcher, Cancer Prevention and Control, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Geor
7 days left
- Full Time
Statistician Researcher, Cancer Prevention and Control, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
The Statistician Researcher, reporting to the project Principal Investigator, ensures that research projects conducted at the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center adheres to the best principles of design and analysis and that results and conclusions are based on the evidence from the research and expressed in a form suitable for publication in high quality scientific journals. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides biostatistical consultation to faculty and postdoctoral researchers on the design and conduct of research projects relating to cancer control topics, including the analysis of cancer related health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Consults on development of grant applications and performance of statistical analyses that involve the use of complex linked databases in support of these scientific areas.
- Consults on design of new data sources collected via surveys, and from linkages of automated health records, administrative data, cancer registry data, and clinical data derived from medical chart reviews.
Analyses and Reporting
- Independently performs data analyses and prepares statistical reports for research projects using large, linked registry and claims data or smaller datasets relating to cancer control topics.
- Identifies optimal statistical methods for answering questions in population science relating to cancer control and health outcomes.
- Identifies and applies complex statistical techniques such as survival analysis methods, generalized linear models (including extensions based on generalized estimating equations), and linear mixed effects models.
- Obtains and maintains expertise in methods for assessing effectiveness in observational data such as propensity score model mg and instrumental variables analysis.
Conducts statistical programming for biostatistical and biomedical research projects in support of areas described above, using SAS, R/S-PLUS, and other specialized software that is used in survey research, analyses of clinical trials, and epidemiological analysis of large observational studies.
Supervises student research assistants and interns.
- Master's degree in Biostatistics or Applied Statistics
- At least two years of experience - preference for experience in health care focused research projects, particularly analysis of large secondary datasets.
- Extensive data-analytical skills in health care research involving a solid background in advanced installation techniques.
- Advanced programming skills in SAS.
- Experience analyzing datasets that are used for cancer research, as well as other emerging automated data sources, such as those available from SEERMedicare and AHRQ datasets such as the Health and Retirement Survey.
- Knowledge of other programs, such as R/S-PLUS.
- Experience with cancer studies and with handling large datasets.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.