Research Coordinator, Nontherapeutic Subject Registry Shared Resource - Lombardi Comprehensive Canc
Research Coordinator, Nontherapeutic Subject Registry Shared Resource - Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) is an internationally recognized academic medical center whose missions of research, teaching and patient care are carried out with a strong emphasis on community outreach and the Jesuit principle of cura personalis — care of the whole person. GUMC consists of the School of Medicine, the School of Nursing & Health Studies, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Biomedical Graduate Research and Education.
The Research Coordinator serves as a primary research coordinator for activities related to the Nontherapeutic Subject Registry (NTSR) Shared Resource at GUMC. Supervised by the NTSR manager and Director of Operations, the Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Recruits patients to the NTSR Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved protocol and other IRB approved protocols administered by the NTSR.
- Screens clinic schedules, obtains informed consent on eligible and interested participants, administers study related questionnaires, handles biospecimen acquisition and delivery, performs data entry, and maintains records.
- Conducts patient follow-up and triage into relevant related studies.
- Documents all procedures and conducts routine quality assurance checks.
- Administers data requests as needed.
- Performs all work according to the study protocols, standard operating procedures, HIPAA, and human subjects protection guidelines, as well as GUMC's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Clinical research experience, including direct patient contact
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to inform patients about research participation and provide information to clinical and research staff
- Experience with interactive databases (such as MS Access or SQL), MS Word, MS Excel, and Power Point
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.