Administrative Assistant - Facilities Management
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Administrative Assistant - Facilities Management
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the professional, technical and trades staff to ensure the efficient and smooth operation of the office and administrative processes through extensive use of computer programs and database administration - using Access, Excel, and CAD, among others. Reporting to the Director of Facilities Management, the Administrative Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Prepares documents from drafts and discussions with the Director on program planning development.
- Organizes documents and spreadsheets to be electronically filed and managed.
- Prepares distribution of documents for staff review and records comments for editing.
- Builds templates of program plans and organizes document structure for sustainable use and functionality within the organization.
- Reviews university policies, procedures and guidelines to reference and use in program plans.
- Attends meetings with the Director for program development and records meeting notes.
- Organizes program plans for distribution and accountability.
- Works independently on program plan development.
Training and Certification Program
- Manages and provides oversight of the Facilities Management training and certification program.
- Monitors employee training and certification and prepares certification memos.
- Provides the Director with oversight on training needs for the Facilities Management Team.
- Assists the Director in the development and management of an operating budget, including administration of budget documents and program planning for budget submissions.
- Prepares documents to support the Director's budget strategy and works closely with the Associate Directors and Supervisors in preparing their budget needs.
- Develops uniform standards in budget planning.
- Works closely with the Budget Analyst in preparing documents and linking any budget projects to future budget planning.
- Supports and maintains office accounting records.
- Assists the Director in managing official union files and documents.
- Prepares official meeting notes, provides supporting documents for union grievances and employee actions.
- Reviews and prepares references to university policies and union charters in support of Union grievance and employee actions.
- Provides Supervisors with support in understanding university policies and monthly policy reviews.
- Develops a monthly Facilities Management's Conduit publication that provides insight on Facilities Management Team initiatives for the Georgetown University community.
- Provides both on-line and printed versions.
- Maintain archival photos, stories, and Conduit issues.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other documents requested by Director and Associate Directors.
- Maintains all supplies and the office areas associated with the Director's responsibility, to include the conference room, waiting area and mail area.
- Administers the distribution and retrieval management of office equipment and supplies.
- Processes administrative paperwork to support Facility Management staff and shop operations.
- Coordinates logistics for the Director on Campus-Wide Activities coordination meetings.
- Manages the Directors calendar.
- Coordinates various office functions and collaborates with other departments to ensure the timely and efficient means of enhancing the mission of Facilities Management.
- High School diploma or certified equivalency
- At least 3 years - preferably 5 years - of progressively responsible administrative skills and with some experience preparing and monitoring a budget
- Skilled with computer systems - in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, MS Publisher, and Access - preference for some experience with AutoCAD and creating web pages
- Skilled in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively effectively with others as a member of a team
- Ability to work simultaneously and with strong attention to detail on multiple tasks and projects with varying degrees of complexity and specified time frames
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all business matters
- Excellent customer service orientation
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.