Senior Integrations and Orchestration Engineer, Identity & Collaboration - UIS
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Senior Integrations and Orchestration Engineer maintains primary leadership and oversight responsibilities for the research, development, implementation, execution, and maintenance of Georgetown's agile enterprise application data exchange service. This position also maintains project/resource management leadership and is responsible for optimizing the quality of the work force utilized by the candidate through the development, implementation, and maintenance of standards and documentation.
The services this position is responsible for delivering are important, but not critical, for some of the daily business tasks that Georgetown University must accomplish and have viable alternatives in case of failure. Examples of these services include the exchange of Bio/Demo data with Georgetown's Identity Management and Customer Relationship Management systems, and the maintenance of externally hosted cloud resources.
This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Enterprise Services along with the Mobile Program Director, Director of Identification and Transaction Systems, and the Director of Identity and Collaboration. A key role of the Senior Integrations and Orchestration Engineer is the alignment of engineering efforts with the missions of the university and its constituents. In order to ensure said alignment, this position is responsible for liaison with the leadership of key areas within the University, as well as with vendors and peer institutions as appropriate. The selected candidate will have purview over a wide and diverse set of responsibilities - including, by not limited to, the University's ability to consistently and coherently share data about the members of its community across multiple enterprise systems.
- Bachelors degree required (Master's strongly preferred).
- Minimum ten years of relevant technology development and maintenance experience.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certification:
- Must possess a strong knowledge of enterprise application integration design patterns, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience working in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to ensure quality of work force through the development and implementation of standards and documentation.
- Must possess a commitment to service and quality, and the ability to integrate these concepts into the unit culture.
- Experience in higher education or related industry required.
- Must demonstrate strong project/personnel management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in at least two of the following is required: enterprise service bus, service-oriented architecture, RESTful APIs, and/or project management.
In addition to the challenge, what`s in it for you?:
- Competitive Base Salary.
- 403(b) plan with excellent employer match.
- Tuition assistance plan for employees and children.
- Outstanding professional development opportunities.
- Excellent dental and healthcare plans for employees and their families.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.