PPG Coordinator, Financial Clinical - Biomedical Graduate Research Organization, Georgetown Univers
6 days left
- Full Time
PPG Coordinator, Financial Clinical - Biomedical Graduate Research Organization, Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Biomedical Graduate Research Organization (BGRO), home to 53 percent of Georgetown University's sponsored research funding and led by Robert Clarke, Ph.D., Sc.D., was created to foster cutting-edge interdisciplinary collaboration and to enhance Georgetown University Medical Center's basic science and translational research capacity, especially in the areas of neurosciences, child health and human development, cardiovascular-kidney diseases, infectious diseases and in collaborative work with researchers and clinicians from Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC). In addition to promoting this lifesaving research, BGRO's focus on educational and academic excellence in the biomedical sciences is helping to create the next generation of researchers in the United States and around the world.
The PPG (Partners Physician Group) Coordinator is responsible for the financial management of the day to day operations and the grants resource portfolio awarded to the Nephrology Division, which has a combined annual budget of $2.5 million dollars. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintains oversight of all financial management of extramural awards, and serves as administrative liaison with federal, state, and corporate granting agencies.
- Provides support to Division of Nephrology Faculty, the BGRO-Senior Financial Administrator, and the Director of Administration and Finance in the BGRO Clinical Departments and Centers.
- Implements new policies, goals, and objectives as directed by GUMC Finance.
- Assists the Senior Financial Administrator by preparing reports, managing, and implementing special projects, and representing the BGRO on medical center planning and operations meetings.
- Handles all administrative aspects of recruitment of divisional faculty, research assistants, and student help as assigned.
- Ensures the day-to-day operations of assigned departments are conducted efficiently and in accordance with university and medical center policy and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in a business-related field
- 3 to 5 years of business administration experience with an excellent knowledge of university environment, office practices, and procedures - and experience in financial accounting
- Preference for experience working in a medical environment
- Knowledge of financial management systems and practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Effective management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and to work well with members of an academic medical center community and university officials
- Strong service orientation and commitment to teamwork
- Proficiency with common office productivity financial software and email.
- Ability to create and use spreadsheets and databases and to use enterprise web-based financial, personnel, and calendar systems
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) preferred
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.