Communications Specialist - Office of the President
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Communications Specialist- Office of the President
The Communications Specialist will assist in the research, writing, and development of a broad range of written, spoken and digital communication for the President's Office. The Communications Specialist will be a member of a cross-functional writing team and will assist with various communication tasks and projects, including drafting correspondence, speeches, talking points, and other research and writing project as required. Additionally, s/he will play a leading role in the content, maintenance, and ongoing development of the President's digital properties. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Researching, writing, and development of correspondence
- Research, writing, and development of speeches
- Assist with other communications and office duties, as assigned
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in a communications field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- The ability to work on multiple writing projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- The ability to work quickly under pressure and work well in a team environment
- Keen attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- A high degree of personal integrity and ethics and demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Careful judgment and discretion to work with sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience in leadership and executive communications
- A demonstrated understanding of social media strategy for an executive, as well as web content creation and management
- Interest in the higher education industry
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.