Research Assistant, Cancer Prevention and Control - Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
7 days left
- Full Time
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Research Assistant - Department of Oncology
The Research Assistant provides assistance on cancer screening projects targeting Chinese American population. The Research Assistant will be required to recruit participants from Chinese communities and clinics, conduct telephone interviews, perform data entry, attend study-related research meetings, and interact with study staff on a regular basis. In addition, this position will be involved in assisting a project coordinator to deliver materials and related administrative work. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Medical Center's philosophy, procedures, and standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducting study-related telephone interviewing, recording face-to-face interviews, and mailing appropriate sets of materials to participants and physicians
- Performing assigned research work such as transcribing and coding qualitative data, data entry, translation and editing, literature search and review, manuscript and grant preparation, IRB submission, and documentation of research work.
- Assisting participant and physician recruitment and responding to collaborative research partners' questions and requests.
- Attend all study-related meetings and project-related logistics.
- B.A. or B.S. in the social or behavioral sciences is required.
- Some research experience in community-based and clinic-based projects is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Access, Power Point, SAS) preferred.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.