IT Engineer/Web Developer - Marrow Donor Program - Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
IT Engineer/Web Developer- Information Technology
The IT Engineer/Web Developer will support a variety of projects aimed at increasing outreach and education of potential bone marrow donors in order to increase the rate of successful donations.This position will also be responsible for data mining, reporting, social media outreach, and the development of dynamic web sites aimed at education and retention and will also support and enhance a variety of custom applications for laboratory and donor workflow management. Duties include but are not limited to;
- Software Development- Maintain, support, and enhance Laboratory Information Management and Donor Center workflow desktop applications written in the .NET framework (C#).
- Database Administration- Identify the root cause of and correct data errors and inconsistencies that could impact production applications. Analyze existing databases and facilitate ad-hoc reporting in order to increase staff efficiency and accountability.
- Data-Mining and Reporting-Analyze existing databases and facilitate actionable reports to increase staff efficiency and accountability. Generate and interpret reports based on the various stages of a 'donor lifecycle' from recruitment through donation in order to increase program effectiveness.
- Web Development - Maintain/update current website. Implement responsive 'mini sites' in order to communicate, educate, and maintain donor interest in the marrow donor program.
- Outreach - Increase social media presence; participate in outreach and development activities, including product development and surveying/assessment.
- Information Services - Assist with the needs of information technology (IT) /information services (IS) department.
- Bachelors degree required (computer science degree preferred)
- 3-5 with the C# language and .NET framework working with Windows Forms applications
- 3-5 with Microsoft SQL Server database design, reporting, and writing SSIS packages
- 2-3 with MySQL or PostgreSQL (General working knowledge)
- 2-3 with managing social media in a professional setting
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.