Senior Enterprise Project Manager
Senior Enterprise Project Manager
Enterprise Project Management Office
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 4.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Senior Enterprise Project Manager to join the Enterprise Project Management Team, within the Office of Analytics, Planning and Technology. The Senior Enterprise Project Manager will deliver projects and provide business solutions for one or more of the following lines of business:
- HR, Legal, Finance and IT
- Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM)
- Provost's Office, Faculty and Academic Administration
The Project Management Office (PMO) at UMUC serves the global strategic needs of stakeholders across the enterprise. Accordingly, Project Managers at every level must deliver business outcomes while executing initiatives across a myriad of verticals. These cross-functional initiatives necessitate well-structured projects plans that clearly outline the resource requirements, the timeline and the budget. Project Managers should have experience establishing, implementing and managing processes and procedures including Change Control as well as Risk and Issues Management. Most importantly, the Senior Project Manager will define the team structure and actively establish and implement the team culture within his/her environment. The Senior Project Manager will report to a Senior Member of the PMO, at the Program Manager or Sr. Director level.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage all aspects of large projects for the respective lines of business from inception/concept through delivery. Lead the overall project, not just the IT portion.
- Lead project in a transparent and productive way, applying standard project management practice.
- Develop the project's key objectives, scope, success criteria, and communicate them effectively across the project team
- Plan, schedule, and track project deliverables and milestones using Microsoft Project and other PMO-endorsed tools.
- Manage project issues and risks.
- Manage cross project dependencies as they relate to assigned projects.
- Ensure successful user acceptance testing.
- Communicate project expectations to team and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Manage project resources from other groups and/or 3rd parties in a matrix environment.
- Engage Procurement and Vendor Management as appropriate and in a timely manner to support project activities
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time/on budget and exceeding stakeholders' expectations.
- Communicate formally and informally through existing forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Lead project meetings with a cross functional team to communicate the status of various project activities, discuss issues/risks, and understand the impact of any changes to business requirements.
- Develop and enhance presentations to executive-level and project stakeholders, as needed.
Perform other critical tasks as required by PMO leadership.
- Provide thought leadership to further develop and maintain the PMO templates and processes.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional growth in project management and other key areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, as well as six (6) or more years as a Project Manager, managing progressively complex initiatives.
- The Senior Project Manager must have experience managing the execution and implementation of software development projects (SDLC) with multiple integrations.
- Additional required experience includes regularly creating project plans, building/resourcing project teams, and managing/monitoring adherence to the project plan.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications are required.
- Lastly, the Senior Project Manager must have a successful track record of meeting deadlines in an environment where competing priorities are the norm.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced Degree, formalized project management training and certifications (PMP), business analysis training and certifications, quality assurance training and certifications; Commercial work experience in any of the following environments: Business Process, Web-based applications, SAAS, ERP, CRM, Content Management Systems, Digital Asset Management Systems, and Document Management Systems.
- Hands-on experience creating and socializing project charters is also preferred.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.