Fall 2017 Research/Policy Intern
3 days left
- Full Time
About the American Youth Policy Forum
AYPF is a nonprofit, non-partisan convening organization. We bring together policymakers, educators, and researchers to frame key education issues, inform policy, and create dialogues about improving the lives of youth.
The American Youth Policy Forum (AYPF) is now accepting applications for Fall 2017 interns. Internships at AYPF are substantive in nature, and interns are integral members of our team. Interns are expected to engage in a variety of activities, including researching and analyzing data, writing fact sheets and summaries, and planning and helping to run forums and briefings on Capitol Hill. AYPF offers a variety of professional development opportunities, including participation in policy discussions and opportunities to learn about best practices in education and youth policy. In addition to working directly with our staff, interns benefit from ample opportunities to interact with our national network of leading researchers, practitioners, and policymakers by participating in meetings and events in Washington, DC. Interns at AYPF may be eligible for a stipend based on hours worked.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with program staff to collect data for briefing papers, fact sheets, and publications.
- Research promising practices to help identify potential programs to highlight in publications, forums, and study tours.
- Track and analyze effective youth policies and practices in states and districts.
- Assist with communications to key contacts on Capitol Hill.
- Position requires an extremely organized, highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and self-confident individual who can work effectively and independently. Candidates should have strong writing, research, and communication skills.
- Experience using MS Office and Access database is a plus.
- AYPF seeks undergraduate and graduate student interns with an interest in and commitment to improving the lives of youth.
- An understanding of the education sector and a commitment to the mission and goals of AYPF
- Ability to work at least 15-20 hours per week.