Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Physical Requirements: Moderate lifting, 15-44 pounds; Moderate carrying, 15-44 pounds; Walking 1 hour; Both eyes required; Emotional and mental stabilityBasic Requirements:
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be reviewed. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We may not make assumptions regarding your experience.
NOTE: Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.