Systems Administrator II
The Enterprise IT Operations team at IDA has a challenging and exciting opening for a mid-level Systems Administrator II. The Systems Administer role administers, and maintains multiple IT systems, servers and software. Responsibilities for the Systems Administrator position include maintaining systems functionality, availability, security, and performance. This position contributes to the implementation of programs and projects that effect the organization’s goals and objectives. Ensures configuration standards are maintained and adheres to IT best practices and corporate and security policy. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Provides operational support and maintenance to ensure systems functionality, availability, security, and performance.
- Assists in the implementation of IT technology initiatives. Partners with the engineering staff to ensure the successful deployment and transition of operational support.
- Builds new physical and virtual servers to design specifications.
- Ensures all systems meet or exceed the business and security requirements.
- Maintains technical documentation, to include standard operating procedures and processes.
- Provides technical support and resolution to a range of operational problems.
- Administers and maintains the classified and unclassified systems and services, ensuring optimum performance and availability.
- Maintains technical proficiency in IT technologies; keeps abreast of industry trends.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the Network and Server Operations Supervisor and/or EITO Manager.
- Responds to critical after hours support issues.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline and three years of experience in Information Technology, which includes at least two years in systems administration; Or a high school diploma coupled with five years of Information Technology experience, which includes at least two years in systems administration.
- Possess technical and operational proficiency managing and supporting servers, systems, and software, preferably Microsoft.
- Experience with EMC, VMWare, Citrix, Linux and CommVault is a plus.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with moderate supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD 8570 IAT I certification. Certification must be achieved within six months of hire date.