Production Assistant - Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (“the National Academies”) are private, nonprofit institutions that provide expert advice on some of the most pressing challenges facing the nation and the world. Our work helps shape sound policies, inform public opinion, and advance the pursuit of science, engineering, and medicine. The Academies bring together leaders from academia, industry, government and other sectors to provide cogent, unbiased advice to the government and citizens of the United States.
National Academy of Sciences Executive Office (NASEO) is responsible for the Academy's membership activities and meetings, its governing council, its scientific programs, the publication of the journal of original research (PNAS) and Arts in the Academy programs.
The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) is the National Academy of Science's official peer-reviewed journal of original scientific research. Since its establishment in 1914, it publishes cutting-edge research reports, commentaries, reviews, perspectives, colloquium papers, and actions of the Academy. Coverage in PNAS spans the biological, physical, and social sciences.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Manage daily release list.
2. Oversee daily author license checks and follow-ups.
3. Process permissions issues for internal editorial teams and, as needed, as part of the release list resolution.
4. Support vendor queriy follow-up and resolution.
5. Support weekly image forensics tracking and article track.
6. Confirm file deliveries and corrections to PubMedCentral and other online repositories.
7. Support web quality control tasks.
8. Coordinate data entry.
9. Other duties as assigned.
If you already have an account created with the Academies, to apply to this position, click “Add to my Jobs” with your login information. If this is your first time applying with the Academies, please click “Apply for this position” below.