Site/Civil Project Engineer
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Site/Civil Project Engineer Dewberry is currently seeking a full time Site Civil Project Engineer in our Baltimore, MD office. The Project Engineer will perform a variety of civil engineering functions in support of a growing, multi-disciplinary group. The Project Engineer must be flexible, technologically savvy and client focused. The work required by the Project Engineer is diverse and ranges from general civil engineering duties to technical work that requires strong capabilities in AutoCAD, [Carlson Civil Suite] Civil 3D, MS Excel, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Adobe Acrobat. The Project Engineer will also be required to learn and become proficient in Dewberry engineering practices and standards, and other Dewberry-specific software programs.
- Supports Practice Leads and Management.
- Responsible for the project design.
- Meets project and client deadlines.
- Works in a timely fashion to meet project budgets.
- Prepares graphics, exhibits, and site/civil construction plans.
- Reviews design work and site construction plans.
- Communicates effectively with clients, coworkers, sub consultants, and county/agency review staff.
- Composes technical reports, memorandums and other written communication such as email.
- Handles multiple concurrent projects.
- Leads and facilitates civil engineering design staff.
- Other duties as required
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- 2+ years of experience directly related to design and construction of land development projects in the Baltimore and Washington DC Metro area.
- PE in the State of Maryland preferred but not required.