Survey Instrument Operator
7 days left
- Full Time
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Land Survey Instrument Operator. Candidate must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our Land Surveying department in the Gainesville, VA area. The successful candidate must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology with the ability to supervise the crew or work independently if necessary. The position has the opportunity for advancement for a motivated individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Supervise the survey crew in the absence of the crew chief.
- Work independently as a one person crew as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology.
- Must possess the following:
Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations in addition to having solid computer and data collection skills Proficiency in Topcon and Trimble survey equipment (GPS, Robotoics, TotalStations, Levels, and Data Collectors) as well as Carlson Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writingAbility to successfully pass detailed background screening to include driving record and drug testing
- High School Diploma (or equivalent), plus three years of surveying experience
- Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and terrains.Ability to repetitively stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition to ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfacesFlexibility in work assignments and geographic locations (travel for extended periods (with per diem) may be required).