Patient Care Tech (CNA) - Med Surg 4200
The Patient Care Technician assists in the provision of patient care under the guidance of the RN.
1. Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks and ADLs in a safe and clean environment.
2. Assists in providing orientation and instruction to patients.
3. Will cpmplete appropriate documentation in accordance with hospital standards.
4. Assists in patient transfer and transport.
5. Communicates effectively with other health care providers to ensure continuity and coordination of care, appropriate care delivery, and to report changes in patients condition.
6. Supports departmental operations by assisting with clerical duties, supply and environment maintenance.
*High School diploma or GED.
*Maryland CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) REQUIRED
*AHA Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
*Effective command of English language (spoken and written).
*Experience in clinical care setting and working with computers preferred.
Full time days on a 12 hr shift 6:45 a.m. - 7:15 p.m. with e/o weekend rotation required
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.