Unit Support Coordinator - CardioVascular Step Down
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide assistance appropriate for the age of the patients on their assigned unit/department.
2. Participates in unit activities.
3. Answers patient call systems at nurses station and informs nursing staff of patient needs.
4. Maintains a clean, safe, orderly environment.
5. Initiates and maintains patient medical records for admissions, discharges, and transfers.
6. Processes provider orders accurately and in a timely manner.
7. Performs clerical duties such as faxing, copying, telephone, paging , computer entry, and printer management.
8. Processes department mail and maintains reports, logs, and forms.
9. Demonstrates awareness of clinical priorities.
10. Assists with supply management and equipment maintenance processes.
11. Greets and offers assistance promptly to all persons entering unit.
12. Answers telephones and relays messages to staff members/providers.
High school diploma or GED.
Strong communication and organizational skills required.
Prior training in transcription of orders preferred.
Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
Proficient in PC skills.
Ability to handle multi task environment and deal with emergencies.
Strong customer service skills.
PRN / Limited part tie position 7a-3p / 3p - 11p every other weekend rotation.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.