CFPB Pathways Internship - Student Trainee NTE (Public Notice Flyer)
Please note this is a public notice flyer to apply to a Pathways position - please visit the CFPBs website athttp://www.consumerfinance.gov/jobs/. If there are no positions listed indicating the use of Pathways, then CFPB is not actively recruiting using the programs within Pathways. Please check the website periodically, as the bureau regularly uses the programs to recruit students and recent graduates.
THIS IS NOT A VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT. INDIVIDUALS SEEKING TO APPLY TO CFPB PATHWAYS JOB OPPORTUNITIES MUST VISIT THE CFPB JOBS WEBSITE. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE CFPB JOBS WEBSITE, AND APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA THIS POSTING.The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will accept applications for the Internship Program for interns in a variety of fields, which may include policy, administration, law, research, technology, finance, project management, and communications.
The salary stated above covers various locations across the U.S. Actual pay will vary depending on the duty location of the position filled.
These are excepted appointments in the CFPB Pathways Internship Program.
Employee may be subject to a probationary period.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Relevant experience and/or education (as noted on the CFPB website).
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation.
- You may be required to serve a trial period.
- Must be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student,
- You must apply on-line via the CFPB website.
CFPB Pathways candidates will meet the qualification requirements consistent with CFPB and the OPM qualification standards applicable to the position being filled.
The classification of the intern positions (series and grade) will depend upon the field of study and level of coursework of the candidate.
Many CFPB positions have specific educational requirements, so we encourage you to provide a complete description of your educational achievements.
Qualification requirements depend on the job being filled.
U.S. citizenship is required.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student.
- Qualifications specific to the series and grade can be found on the CFPB JOBS WEBSITE.
When applying to this announcement on CFPB website, you will be required to submit transcripts and proof of enrollment.
To be eligible for conversion to the competitive service after completion of the program, an intern must:
1) Be a U.S. Citizen.
2) Successfully complete an academic course of study as evidenced by a qualifying degree.
3) Complete a minimum of 640 hours of work experience under the Internship Program; specifically 3 work tours.
4) Meet the OPM qualification standard for the position to which the Intern may be converted
5) Maintain acceptable performance under the Bureau's approved performance management system for Pathways Employees.
6) Receive a favorable recommendation for conversion from his/her Supervisor.
CFPB is not obligated to make an offer of employment, nor is the student obligated to accept an offer of employment.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
INDIVIDUALS SEEKING TO APPLY TO CFPB PATHWAYS JOB OPPORTUNITIES MUST FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATHWAYS POSITIONS ON THE CFPB JOBS WEBSITE. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS POSTING WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Candidates will be assessed either based solely on basic eligibility requirements or may include a qualitative rating of candidates. CFPB Pathways candidates will meet the qualification requirements consistent with the OPM qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. Veterans' preference applies to all selections made under the Pathways authority in accordance with Part 302 of 5 CFR. If candidates are further evaluated using CFPB's category rating process, qualified veterans have absolute preference within the appropriate category.Read more Security clearance