CFPB Pathways Recent Graduate (Public Notice Flyer)
Please note this is a public notice flyer to apply to a Pathways position - please visit the CFPB's website athttp://www.consumerfinance.gov/jobs/. If there are no positions listed indicated the use of Pathways, then CFPB is not actively recruiting using the programs within Pathways. Please check the website periodically, as the bureau regularly uses the programs to recruit students and recent graduates.
THIS IS NOT A VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT. INDIVIDUALS SEEKING TO APPLY TO CFPB PATHWAYS JOB OPPORTUNITIES MUST VISIT THE CFPB JOBS WEBSITE. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE CFPB JOBS WEBSITE, AND APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA THIS POSTING.
The salary stated above covers various locations across the U.S. Actual pay will vary depending on the duty location of the position filled.
These are excepted appointments in the CFPB Pathways Recent Graduate Program.
Employee may be subject to a probationary period.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will post on their website when they will be using the Recent Graduates Program to recruit and hire for the following positions:
CN-0110-20/51 - Economist Series CN-0201-20/51 - Human Resources Series
CN-0301-20/51 - Miscellaneous Administration and Program Series
CN-0343-20/51 - Management and Program Analysis Series
CN-0501-20/51 - Financial Administration and Program Series
CN-0570-20/51 - Examiner Series
CN-0950-20/51 - Paralegal Specialist Series
CN-0986-20/51 - Legal Assistance Series
CN-1101-20/51 - General Business and Industry Series
CN-1102-20/51 - Contracting Series
CN-1160-20/51 - Financial Analysis Series
CN-2210-20/51 - Information Technology Series
Titles and locations will vary depending on the position posted on CFPB JOBS WEBSITE
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CFPB Pathways candidates will meet the qualification requirements consistent with CFPB and the OPM qualification standards applicable to the position being filled.
The classification of the Recent Graduate positions (series and grade) will depend upon the field of study and level of course work of the candidate.
Many CFPB positions have specific educational requirements, so we encourage you to provide a complete description of your educational achievements.
Qualification requirements depend on the job being filled.
U.S. citizenship is required.
- Qualifications specific to the series and grade can be found on the CFPB JOBS WEBSITE.
- Current Students may apply up to 9 months prior to their graduation date.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for the Recent Graduate Program. Recent Graduates will enter a formal training program with a mentor and execute an Individual Development Plan outlining training requirements and program expectations.
- Recent Graduates must receive at least 40 hours of formal training directly linked to their employment field.
- Recent Graduates serve a trial period for the duration of their excepted service appointment.
- Recent Graduates will be required to sign a Pathways Recent Graduate Participant Agreement. Applicants must provide documentation of completion within the previous 2 years of a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Applicants who completed their educational program requirements after December 27, 2010 will have a full 2 years of eligibility beginning on the date the final regulations are effective July 10, 2012.
When applying to this announcement on CFPB website, you will be required to submit transcripts and proof of enrollment.
To be eligible for conversion to the competitive service after completion of the program, a Pathways Recent Graduate must:
1) Be a U.S. Citizen.
2) Successfully complete an academic course of study as evidenced by a qualifying degree or be within 9 months of graduation.
3) Meet the OPM qualification standard for the position to which the Recent Graduate may be converted.
4) Maintain acceptable performance under the Bureau's approved performance management system.
5) Receive a favorable recommendation for conversion from Supervisor.
6) Meet all the training and development requirements outlined the Bureaus Pathways policy.
CFPB is not obligated to make an offer of employment, nor is the Pathways employee obligated to accept an offer of employment.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
INDIVIDUALS SEEKING TO APPLY TO CFPB PATHWAYS JOB OPPORTUNITIES MUST FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATHWAYS POSITIONS ON THE CFPB JOBS WEBSITE. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS POSTING WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Candidates will be assessed either based solely on basic eligibility requirements or may include a qualitative rating of candidates. CFPB Pathways candidates will meet the qualification requirements consistent with the OPM qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. Veterans' preference applies to all selections made under the Pathways authority in accordance with Part 302 of 5 CFR. If candidates are further evaluated using CFPB's category rating process, qualified veterans have absolute preference within the appropriate category.Read more Security clearance Other