Contract Specialist (ACQ EHA)
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do. Do you have the desire to be intellectually challenged? Are you looking for a secure career? Do you have initiative? If so, then read on! A Civilian Career with the Air Force offers challenging work, and the satisfaction of knowing you've made a difference. We're offering you an exciting careerbegin as a COPPER CAP Intern and then determine how far you want to go. You are the key to your success!
"These positions are being filled under the Acquisition Expedited Hiring Authority. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority to appoint certain Civilians to positions designated pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improve Act (DAWIA)positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions are filled as permanent with a full-time work schedule. Pay may vary by geographic location."
The Copper Cap Intern Program offers you a permanent position upon completion of your formal training plan. As a Copper Cap Intern you will experience both personal and professional growth while dealing effectively and ethically with change, complexity, and problem solving. The program offers a 4-year formal training plan with yearly salary increases. Promotions and salary increases are based upon your successful performance and supervisory approval. This is your opportunity to begin a successful civilian career with the United States Air Force.
NOTE: Notices of Results (NORs) will not be sent to applicants under this authority. Please do not contact this office for status. If you are selected for this position, you will be contacted.
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Security Clearance
- Mobility Agreement
- Acquisition Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA
You may qualify if you meet one of the following:
1. Basic requirement you must have completed a 4 year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field, which includes at least 24 semester hours in business related course work in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management etc. Degree must be from an accredited institution AND must have documented Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the undergraduate level qualifying for the GS-07 in one of the following below:
a) Class Standing - upper 1/3 percent of the graduating class based on completed courses in the college, university, or major subdivision;
b) Grade Point Average - 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on your official transcript or as computed based on 4 years of education or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of curriculum; OR 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum. NOTE: If more than 10 percent of total undergraduate credit hours are non-graded, i.e. pass/fail, CLEP, CCAF, DANTES, military credit, etc, you cannot qualify based on GPA; GPA computation will be based on your undergraduate degree only.
c) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society (note: freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this position). (If qualifying based on class standing or honor society membership, provide appropriate documentation).
2. You have one full year of progressively higher level education, or possess a master's or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., Ph.D., in a field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of this position. Education must include at least 24 semester hours in business related course work in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management etc. (Submit copy of transcripts).
3. You have served on or before September 30, 2000, in a position either as an employee in the GS-1102 series or as a member of the armed forces in a similar occupational specialty. To be creditable, In addition to meeting basic requirements applicants must have one year of specialized experience in the next lower grade or equivalent or next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems. Equivalent experience may be at the level of the lowest GS grade covered by the applicable pay band; however, the experience must demonstrate KSA's to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled.
Qualification requirements for appointments as an 1102 series within DOD fall under 10 USC 1724 for all grade levels.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF YOU ARE QUALIFYING BASED ON EDUCATION, PLEASE SUMBIT COPIES OF ALL TRANSCRIPTS TO INCLUDE TRANSFERRED HOURS AND GRADES - OFFICIAL COPIES ARE NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION. IF SELECTED, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE OFFICIAL COPIES OF ALL TRANSCRIPTS. ***NOTE*** Degree Audits are not accepted.
IF YOU QUALIFY BASED ON UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION AND YOU HAVE NOT GRADUATED PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, YOU MAY BE OFFERED A POSITION CONTINGENT UPON YOUR FINAL GRADE POINT AVERAGE OR CLASS RANKING. DEGREE REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Mobility - you may be required to relocate during, or after, completion of your training.
2. Successful completion of all training and regulatory requirements as identified in the applicable training plan.
3. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
4. May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility, submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 or other copy showing type of discharge). If you are eligible for 10-point veterans' preference, attach an SF-15 (utilize SF 15 with revision date of Oct 2013), "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. (Approved VA Letter from the VA that shows percentage of disability, I.E. 10, 20. 30 etc.)
For more specifics on all veterans employment issues such as Veterans preference or special appointing authorities see the Veteran's Guide: http://www.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp