Nurse Resident - Intermediate Medical Care Unit
Adventist HealthCare promotes the growth of professional nursing practice. Your journey from advanced beginner nurse to competent professional is supported through our yearlong residency program. It is another way that we advocate for nurses as informed contributors who have the opportunity to make a lasting impact within our organization.
What we expect from you as a Nurse Resident:
1. Attend all assigned learning activities and clinical experiences. Arrive on time and prepared.
2. Complete all clinical and classroom assignments and maintain an 80% minimum passing grade.
3. Rotates shift according to program and/or preceptor's schedule.
4. Responsible for transportation (some training may be off site)
5. Works closely with preceptor, CNS, educators, facilitator, and program coordinator to integrate and maximize learning.
6. Participate in regular evaluation sessions to obtain/provide feedback on individual performance and Nurse Residency Program, complete competency documentation
To qualify for consideration in our New Grad Residency Program, you must meet the following minimum criteria:
1. When you apply, we need you to be:
-Enrolled in an accredited* BSN program with less than one semester left to graduation
-Less than 6 months since you graduated with your BSN.
2. No prior work experience as RN or LPN
3. You must have a GPA at the time of graduation of 3.0 or higher
4. Must be licensed in the state of Maryland as an RN (or other Compact state per Maryland Board of Nursing guidelines) at the start of the Residency Program
5. At the time of hire, you must have an active BLS certification (through American Heart Association).
6. You need to have solid critical thinking and communication skills
7. You need to be proficient in computers
8. You need to be able to work independently and effectively organize and manage your workload.
* ACEN (formally known as NLN) or CCNE accredited nursing program
GPA of 3.5 or higher is preferred.
A senior practicum/capstone in specialty area is preferred.
How To Apply
To be considered, please submit the following with your application:
1. Your resume with the following information:
- Your current GPA
- Your anticipated graduation date
- The name of your school and program type (BSN, etc.)
If you have additional questions about the residency program, copy and paste this link in to your web browser: http://careers.adventisthealthcare.com/en/RN-Residency/applying-to-the-residency
NOTE: Apply only to the residency program that you are interested in. Multiple applications do not increase your selection chances.
There will be numerous steps to complete for consideration for this program. Please monitor your email/spam folders for correspondence.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.