Program Chair, Digital Forensics & Cyber Investigation
Program Chair, Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation
The Graduate School
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Program Chair for the Graduate School's Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation Program. UMUC is one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM). Working adults, military personnel, and other students around the globe are achieving their academic goals through UMUC's innovative educational options, including online instruction, accelerated academic programs, and classroom-based courses taught during the daytime, evenings, and weekends. Currently, more than 42,000 students attend UMUC nationally, and an additional 33,852 students attend UMUC at on site classes in more than 25 countries throughout the world; about 56,000 students are active duty military, veterans, and their families. In 2013, UMUC had over 261,000 online course enrollments.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in the continuing development, promotion, management and direction of the Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation degree program.
- Responsibilities include administering and developing courses (50%); recruiting and monitoring faculty (30%); teaching and advising students (10%); facilitating seminars (5%).
- Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
- Other projects and job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant advanced degree (Master's or higher, preferably a Doctorate) from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of three years of successful teaching experience (preferably at the graduate level and with adult, part-time students established in careers);
- At least five years of relevant managerial or professional work experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in online distance education is preferred.
- Evidence of a relevant scholarly or professional background is also preferred.
- Terminal degree preferred, though the following credentials and experience will be considered: Doctorate or Master's from an accredited institution of higher learning.
Full-time Faculty Rank: Collegiate Assistant Professor, Collegiate Associate Professor, or Collegiate Professor to be awarded based upon qualifications at the time of appointment.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.