Certified Nursing Assistant - 2A Med/ Surg- FT Days
The mission of Adventist HealthCare is “to demonstrate Gods care by improving the health of people and communities through a ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.”
The Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA functions as a member of the health care team, assisting in the nursing care of patients under the direction and supervision of licensed personnel.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates initiative toward safety and risk management issues.
2. Ensures continuity of care across shifts and participates in discharge planning.
3. Completes patient care duties as assigned.
4. Documents information on patient records, hospital forms and logs per hospital standard.
5. Provides necessary instruction to patient.
6. Maintains role/specialty competencies, license and certifications.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients on assigned unit/department.
8. Participates in supply management and equipment maintenance processes.
9. Promotes the spiritual care mission of the organization
10. Participates in orientation and evaluation of CNAs.
High School Diploma or GED
ACTIVE Maryland CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) license
1-2 years current experience in clinical care setting preferred.
CURRENT American Heart Association- Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification - Required
Pre-Employment Online Screening:
In order to complete your application with Shady Grove Medical Center, you must take a pre-employment screening. The screening is composed of a short registration, a section of personality questions, and a section involving math and reading. There is no need to study or prepare for the screening in advance. The screening should take approximately half an hour, so be sure to set aside time accordingly. You will receive an e-mail with your log-in information/ instructions after successfully submitting your application. Please check your spam folder for the e-mail.
Shady Grove Medical Center is an acute care facility located in Rockville, MD.
Full- time Med/Surg 2A Unit /36 hrs. a week / Day shift 7A-7P with e/o weekend rotation
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.