Patient Care Tech CNA - Float Pool
6 days left
- Part Time
1. Demonstrates initiative toward safety and risk management issues.
2. Ensures continuity of care across shifts and participates in discharge planning.
3. Collaborates with medical team and support staff to deliver quality care.
4. Completes patient care duties as assigned.
5. Documents information on patient records, hospital forms and logs per hospital standard.
6. Provides necessary instruction to patient.
7. Maintains role/specialty competencies, license and certifications.
8. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients on assigned unit/department.
9. Participates in supply management and equipment maintenance processes.
10. Promotes the spiritual care mission of the organization
11. Participates in orientation and evaluation of Patient Care Technicians.
a. High School diploma or GED.
b. Required Maryland CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) or a nursing student after successful completion of first semester of clinical rotation.
c. American Heart Association AHA Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
d. Must be able to pass a computer assessment test.
e. Effective command of English language (spoken and written).
f. Physical ability to meet job requirements of lifting, bending and turning.
g. Experience in clinical care setting preferred.
h. Computer skills preferred.
Flexibility required to work Day 7a - 7p with a weekend 12 hr shifts
24 hrs working a monthly schedule. Must be able to complete first 8-days of new-hire orientation program.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.