6 days left
- Full Time
Office of Information Technology
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 4.1
UMUC has an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Engineer who will be responsible for a new internal offering from UMUC. The position requires five or more years of experience engineering technical solutions in a cloud environment. The candidate will join a startup like team responsible for delivering new technology to our online learning environment. The role will be responsible for implementation of the technical infrastructure and integrating the solution into the current learning model.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Using defined requirements, build highly redundant and resilient cloud infrastructure.
- Design and configure AWS environment to support both management and product delivery environments.
- Automate scalable virtual Windows desktop and Linux server infrastructure.
- Automate software delivery based on data feed from student information systems.
- Develop glue code to support interactions between cloud based infrastructure as a service and data feeds from local systems.
- Manage Tier 3 and defect ticket support.
- Travel is required less than 10%.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a technical field.
- Three (3) or more years working in cloud technologies such as AWS, VMware Cloud, Rackspace Cloud or similar.
- Two (2) years of experience with scripting and glue code (utilizing Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, or similar).
- Experience operating in a 24/7/365 data center environment (virtual or physical).
- Experience working in a high paced, deliverable focused environment.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications are required.
- Must have a successful track record of meeting deadlines in an environment where competing priorities are the norm.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Seven (7) or more years experience working with information technology (IT),
- Knowledge of industry trends and ability to adapt quickly.
- Experience working and collaborating with stakeholders at all levels in a subject matter expert capacity.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.