Why Join Us?
This is your opportunity to show off your organizational and sales skills while building a career at a friendly company with room to grow. This role gives you a direct hand in increasing the profits of your shop with possibility of bonuses based on shop performance.
Who you are:
Our best Catering Coordinators are passionate about achieving sales goal and are also good at making connections with the community. He or she especially loves seeing his or her orders and plans completed well.
What you’ll do:
The Catering Coordinator is an hourly associate that manages and organizes the backline business, driving sales through building relationships with local businesses, current customers and BIG FISH. Leads in sales efforts, planning, organizing and coordinating all aspects of daily Catering and Backline orders. Aggressively canvasses Neighborhood to identify new business while maintaining existing business. Leads daily sales efforts to increase revenue for Catering and Back-Line orders.
In addition to following standard Potbelly operating policies and procedure, accountabilities include:
- Works directly with General Manager (GM) to determine sales road map and sales goals with guidance of Catering Sales Team
- Supervises backline operations to ensure all associates are POP compliant
- Ensures all backline orders are complete and catering checklist/order verification forms are utilized
- Collaborates with GM to discuss daily, weekly, monthly sales goals and sales opportunities
- Acts as a mentor/trainer for associates training on backline operations, ATO, and sales effectiveness
- Assigns/deploys and coordinates delivery drivers for each order
- Coordinates associates to assist in backline peak duties
- Sends “Thank You” notes and performs daily call backs/call aheads on all catering orders
- Handles and resolves customer complaints/accolades by using the three A’s
- Ensures catering collateral is displayed and stocked in the shop at all times
- Owns the delivery trade area for the shop and actively follows it
- Manages capacity for backline based on staffing while maintaining food quality standards and order accuracy
- Manages all house accounts including database of ATO and payments
- Works weekly with DM to discuss sales successes and to update Sales goals
- Strives to meet/achieve sales goals/targets; communicate results daily with GM
- Actively participates in targeted canvassing, account maintenance calls, and correspondence with customers to drive backline sales
- Responds in a timely manner to Customer Catering quotes via email
- Familiar with current PTD backline sales and records daily
- Monitors backline sales trends vs. current year and prior year
- Communicates backline sales trends and results to team in weekly manager meeting
- Consistently updates the Big Fish tracker to track orders and generate sales leads
- Asks for the business-ensures we are actively pursuing all opportunities to drive catering/backline sales
- Ensures all catering “sides” and utensils are provided using the Catering Condiment Wheel as a tool to determine amount of product to supply
- Verifies all backline orders are 100% accurate before being delivered to the customer
- Monitors/Listens that all associates answering phones and taking orders are suggestive selling extras and sides