Resident Counselor III
This position is responsible for providing assessment; goal setting; counseling; and ongoing case management for mostly low-income families in subsidized housing. Will coordinate services to families in the Family Self-Sufficiency Program as well as monitor progress toward short-term and long-term goals of economic self-sufficiency. Will assist participant with removal of financial and socio-economic barriers that may impede their ability to become self-sufficient. Identify and coordinate services and monitor progress towards self-sufficiency goals. Will offer employment-related support to include job readiness, job/education/training placement and networking with resources. Will complete annual recertification, interim changes, rent increase and generate HCV contracts for program participants. Will review client activity for program participants. This is a 1-year term position continuation of position is based on grant approval and funding. Must obtain Housing Choice Voucher and Family Self-Sufficiency Certification within six months.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field (MSW preferred).
- Minimum of three years experience in case management of low income families.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills and understanding of population.
- Must have the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Must have good computer skills (Word & Excel).
- Career counseling experience desired.
- Familiarity with resources, client issues and barriers desired.
- Must have good driving record, and own transportation is required.
- Must obtain Housing Choice Voucher and Family Self Sufficiency Certification within six months.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.