Systems Admin - Microsoft Windows
6 days left
- Full Time
Under moderate supervision, this position assists in the design and provides technical support, administration and maintenance of CCRL’s network, server systems and services. Responsibilities include general server maintenance, participation on assigned project teams, building and testing new systems to design standards, maintaining the optimum performance of all systems and services, and coverage of Help Desk tickets and Change Requests. This position will also prepare new systems for network and data communications.
1. Builds new physical and virtual systems to design specifications and follows proper disposal procedures for retired systems. Ensures all systems meet or exceed the intended business and security requirements and comply with IDA's minimum configuration standard and configuration management guidelines.
2. Administers and maintains the systems and services, internal and external, physical and virtual, on IDA's classified and unclassified networks, to include standalone systems and services, to ensure optimum performance and availability.
3. Provides technical support and responds to all assigned Help Desk tickets and Change Requests. Works with senior IT staff when necessary to quickly resolve critical system or service outages. Escalates issues as needed.
4. Performs patch management, software deployments, and network operations for the systems and services within assigned area of responsibility.
5. Conducts regular system maintenance to include monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, and adjusting configurations as necessary to resolve problems, minimize downtime, and to enhance capabilities, performing upgrades, maintaining access controls, installing operating systems and application software, troubleshooting system problems, and following proper disposal and decommissioning procedures for retired systems. (Note: Systems can be identified as, but are not limited to, servers, workstations, networks, appliances, remote access systems and storage devices.)
6. Partners with senior system administrators on new IT initiatives then assumes a maintenance role once these initiatives are implemented. Assists in the design of effective processes for the roll-out and continued service of all IT initiatives to include daily service and support functions.
7. Designs and builds reliable disaster recovery and backup systems.
8. Participates in developing testing and integration plans for new systems and software in order to ensure compatibility with IDA's current network IT infrastructure.
9. Assists in maintaining technical documentation libraries, to include the development and publication of standard operating procedures for systems and processes under their control.
10. Designs and builds virtual desktops.
11. Configures and maintains LAN switches throughout the CCRL campus.
12. Creates shell based scripts for automation and efficiency purposes.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
• U.S. citizenship required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field.
• Minimum four years’ experience in Windows operating systems and system administration and trouble-shooting networked systems. Requires a working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, backup systems, networking, e-mail and web services, and remote access methodologies.
• Experience with data backup systems, SAN, NFS, and virtual machines.
• Experience with UNIX, Linux, and scripting.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communications effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees.
• Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances.
Candidate should be familiar with:
• Windows 2008R2, 2012R2, 7, 8, 10
• Outlook, Office Suite
• Powershell, Bash, PHP scripting
• VMware vSphere 5 - 6, vCenter
• VMware View Horizon
• Thin Clients (VDI)
• Symantec Netbackup
• Linux - Red Hat (entry to moderate level)
• Cisco IOS, and Cisco Nexus switches