Sales & Catering Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Sales & Catering Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Marketing
Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for the group sales managers. A range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures is required. Assists and directs visitors as well as walk-ins, and resolves administrative problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support Sales & Catering activities for departments; serves as a liaison with other operation departments a) Make sure all group masters are opened in Choice 10 day’s prior to the groups arrival
b) Run the 10 day BEO packets for Pier 5 Hotel
c) Reconcile payment for group’s for Pier 5 Hotel
- Provides administrative support for the Sales Department such as answering telephones, assisting visitors/walk-ins, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries to the appropriate departments.
- Operates computer to compose and edit hotel agreements, correspondence and/or memoranda, knowledge of established department policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Assists sales & catering managers with the preparation of group resumes reports also works with closely with the managers on group cut off dates.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, guarantees, collateral supplies for sales kits,
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Coordination of obtaining advance deposits, rooming list, coordinating with sales managers for banquet event order (BEO) forms to be sent out in a timely fashion.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Updates the group pick up tracking in Sales Pro
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
JOB LOCATION: Ballroom, meeting rooms, lounge and kitchen areas.
EQUIPMENT USED: Existing work computer and knowledge of all applications required to do the job effectively
- SalesPro – Sales & Catering Application
- Choice Hotel System for Pier 5 Hotel
- Knowledge of LinkedIn