Dewberry is currently seeking a Geospatial Analyst in our Fairfax, VA or Tampa Fl, offices. This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced individual to join a team of professionals while working in a multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm. The firm succeeds through the individual and collaborative skills of its people therefore we offer opportunities for professional growth while working with and applying the latest technology. Typical responsibilities are to work on the GIS/IT and Remote Sensing related projects for our federal clients with a strong focus in LiDAR related geospatial data.
- Data extraction/compilation, interpretation of multiple sensor input data (Lidar and Imagery);
- Create a variety of digital mapping/remotely sensed products using various software platforms;
- Create and manipulate databases;
- Elevation, Feature, and other specific data Processing and Manipulation;
- Problem resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or related field.
- 2 +years of experience in the GIS/Remote Sensing Field. Focused on producing and managing LiDAR related geospatial data.
- Required experience in multi-sensor processing, manipulation, and production.
- In-depth knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS 10x. software.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Strong verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Terrascan, GeoCue experience a plus.
- PLTS tool kit experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of LiDAR classification and DEM creation