Assistant Professor of Information Technology
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Teaching six undergraduate or graduate courses per school year
- Engaging in scholarly activities including research, publication, and grant work
- Participating in professional and outreach activities
- Contributing to curriculum and program development
- Advising students in the undergraduate program, and
- Serving on department, school, and university committees
A doctorate in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a closely related field is required.
The successful applicant must be committed to excellent teaching and to research in a field such as application development, cybersecurity, Web technologies, gaming, database technology, or similar.
Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Desirable attributes are experience with grants, professional experience in the IT workplace, and a track record of presentations and published research in the field.
Experienced with active learning techniques including virtual labs and simulations.
Special Notes to Applicants
Please include a list of at least three references, along with relevant contact information.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.