Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity
Marymount University is a Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense and an NSF Scholarship For Service (SFS) grant recipient. The Department of Information Technology, Data Science, and Cybersecurity, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position beginning in January 2017.
The department seeks an applicant who can teach cybersecurity at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including hands-on labs.
Marymount is close to the nationâ€™s capital with access to many federal funding agencies, research labs, and high-tech companies. Applicants will be required to conduct cybersecurity research, including applying for external funding. Other academic duties include student advising and service on one or more university committees.
1. Doctorate, or close to completion before the start date of the position, in cybersecurity, information technology, computer science, or a closely related discipline.
2. Experience teaching at the college level.
3. Record of peer-reviewed publications in the cybersecurity or IT field.
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Evidence of research in networks, network security, software security, or risk management;
- Cybersecurity experience in government or industry;
- Experience dealing with culturally diverse students;
- or demonstrated experience with cybersecurity certification, tools, and techniques
Special Notes to Applicants
Please include a list of 3 references along with relevant contact information.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.