Government Property Administrator - Bowie, MD
This position administers the property control and accountability functions in accordance with IDA policy and government property administration practices and regulations. This position provides daily guidance to one non-exempt employee. No budgetary responsibilities.
- Determines if property received meets the criteria for bar coding and/or sponsor tag numbers. Completes necessary information on applicable property forms. Enters and maintains all applicable property data into Property Management System. Coordinates the return of equipment received incorrectly or in damaged condition; ensures that the necessary updates and changes are made in the Property Management System.
- Completes the appropriate documentation and database notations for the transfer of Government Furnished Property. Prepares appropriate forms including DD Form 1149s. Arranges for shipment as required.
- Identifies government property not currently in use and stores separately from IDA/CCS-owned equipment. Provides updates on internal property movements to the Facilities Administrator. Prepares, coordinates, and issues property passes for property being removed from the facility.
- Monitors property for serviceability, makes recommendations for repair and replacement, makes appropriate disposition as needed; moves furniture and equipment as necessary. Performs general maintenance of furniture and equipment. Processes purchase requests for parts, repairs or replacement. Maintains appropriate logs.
- Identifies excess property and processes the documentation for disposition. Arranges the final disposition as directed by the government including preparing SF Form 1428s and arranging for pickups through the sponsor and DCMA. Ensures database is up to date.
- Responds to service requests and arranges for repair of copiers and fax machines. Provides an escort, as required.
- Conducts, reconciles and prepares contractor acquired property (CAP) monthly reports.
- Conducts annual inventories of all accountable property. Prepares, reconciles and submits the Annual Inventory Report to IDA and other reports to sponsor, DCMA and CCS management as appropriate.
- Ensures that the appropriate stocks of office supplies are ordered and on hand.
- Prepares/packages equipment to be sent out for repair. Enters the appropriate notation in the Property Management database.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent or five years experience including three years in a purchasing or property control function, preferably in a government contract environment.
- Working knowledge of automated inventory tracking systems. Knowledge of Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FARs) as they apply to government contractors is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative in completing assignments.
- Experience using microcomputers and spreadsheets, database management systems or order processing software.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of staff.
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance with Fullscope Polygraph; TS/SCI w/ CI or Fullscope Poly, preferred.