Now Hiring Line Cooks!
What do you seek in your career path? An opportunity for growth? A chance to succeed? A fun, exciting social environment? Blending all of these together is the difference between a good job and a great career. At Applebee's® You'll discover a balance between work life and personal life, as well as a wealth of benefits for your health, future, family and happiness. We strive to encourage, enrich and celebrate our associates every day. Why? It's simple - we found it's the best way to help people reach their potential. It all starts with our inclusive culture, which welcomes and embraces our collective differences...and the strengths these differences create. If this sounds like the kind of workplace you would enjoy, please apply now!
- Completes all assigned prep work and sets up cook's station.
- Maintains product presentations, product quality and cook time standards.
- Prepares all menu items according to Applebee's Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Prepares menu items according to Applebee's Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications.
- Completes all assigned prep work.
- Make sure the orders are being cooked in a timely fashion and food is cooke.
- Be able to explain special orders to the cooks, and tell servers when the kitchen is out of a particular menu item.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after shift.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Able to place plates, utensils, pans and cases on high and low shelves.
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.