Assistant Banquet Manager
JOB TITLE: Assistant Banquet Manager
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager/G.M.
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: Banquet Captains. Banquet housemen and banquet servers.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To implement the set up of food and beverage services to include but not limited to banquets, parties, meetings, breakfast, crabby hour, and ensuring all arrangements are made in accordance with customer requests to maintain a very high level of service and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Bqt Manager in managing events
- Ensure all staff is in proper uniform during every shift
- Ensure proper set up of banquet rooms to BEO and diagram requirements
- Meet with each client to ensure complete meeting success
- Come up with new ideas to improve staff service as well as presentation
- Assist with inventory, scheduling and ordering as needed
- Supervise AM breakfast staff and evening Crabby Hour/Chocolate Event staff
- Ensure all staff has the equipment needed to complete their assigned duties
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Speak and write English clearly, plan and organize the work of others, deal with the general public, customers, employees and government officials with tact and courtesy, interpret financial information and prepare budgets, analyze and interpret policies, participate in management discussions, write business letters and reports.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, scheduling system, AV equipment, microphones and banquet serving and set-up equipment.
FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: To include but not limited to -
- Lifting of 50 lbs. -- Carrying of objects weighing 20-30 pounds
- Pulling and pushing of equipment
- Reaching above shoulder
- Normal vision, color vision and depth perception
- Normal hearing
- Walking, standing, repetitive bending