Cheeseburger In Paradise: Host
6 days left
- Full Time
General Summary: The main objective of the Host/Hostess is to greet and seat all guests in a friendly manner and assist in maintaining the overall guest flow of the restaurant. The Host/Hostess is responsible for the coordination of activities of the restaurant dining room.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions
- Dining Room Coordination
- Greets guests, escorts them to their table, and presents menus in a warm and friendly manner.
- Assigns guest seating in rotation and notifies Waitstaff of guests that have been seated.
- Knowledgeable of all menu items, price offerings, and promotions.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties.
- Accommodates any special needs of guests (i.e. boosters, highchairs, etc.)
- Maintains organization throughout the shift in work area.
- Stores all items in their designated labeled areas and eliminates clutter.
- Assists other team members when necessary, including announcements, phone management, and Food-To-Go. Asks for help when necessary.
- Assists management in anyway conducive to the efficient operation of the restaurant.
- Cleanliness and Sanitation
- Ensures that all menus are clean and complete.
- Ensures that entry doors are clean and free of debris.
- Follows standardized cleaning procedures and practices the “clean-as-you-go” philosophy.
- Responsible for following all food safety and sanitation standards throughout the shift.
- Follows departmental closing procedures.
- Performs daily cleaning assignment(s).
- Effectively communicates product, equipment, or operational issues to management in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reviewing schedule and checking out with management before leaving.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and able to move around at a brisk pace
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task effectively
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to handle guest complaints and concerns promptly and professionally
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must practice good personal hygiene and be neatly groomed
- Must be able to speak, understand, and read the English language