7 days left
- Full Time
An award winning Hotel in Downtown Baltimore, is seeking qualified, experienced candidates for the position of Kitchen Supervisor. We are looking for a talented culinary leader with a commitment to success in service and hospitality. The ideal candidate will have banquet experience, both plated and buffet, a superior palate and a passion for creativity and innovation. This is a hands-on position that requires a disciplined and engaged chef, with a commitment to quality ingredients and an uncompromising approach to food preparation. The Kitchen Supervisor works directly with our Executive Chef, and General Manager to execute banquet events and support the dining experience.
- Experience executing multiple banquet events up to 300 people.
- Positively influence and lead staff by example -- maintaining a presence in the kitchen, cooking on the line and expediting on a daily basis.
- Must be able to identify and mentor staff.
- Develop creative specials and menus in line with concept and with respect to industry leading trends.
- Be able to demonstrate & contribute a long term vision for the concept
- Build relationships with the community, sourcing and working with local purveyors
- Must be a motivated self-starter with excellent verbal communication skills
- Should possess strong organizational & conflict resolution skills
- Maintain a clean, efficient kitchen and working environment
- Providing Banquet guests excellent food quality, consistency, and professional service.
- Responsibilities include managing the culinary functions to meet the food quality goals, meeting the company's financial goals (proactively managing labor and food costs), facilities maintenance and personnel development objectives.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their employees. Kitchen Supervisor must be able to seek out skilled and accountable employee to help run their kitchen.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include ordering of food, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A degree in Culinary Arts and/or two to three years experience as a Banquet or Sous Chef is necessary.