Social Worker MSW - Case Management Dept
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients on their assigned unit
2. Participates in department performance improvement
3. Develop professional knowledge base
4. Participate in care coordination rounds
5. Demonstrate awareness of patient rights including confidentiality, privacy, informed consent, surrogate decision making and advance directives
6. Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessment of patients
7. Counsel patients and families around the issues of emotional adjustment to illness, disability, hospitalization and/or discharge plan
Masters of Social Work from a college or university accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
a. Current Maryland license LGSW or LCSW
b. Experience in medical social work preferred
c. Problem solving and analytical skills
d. Strong interpersonal skills
PRN staff 8:30 am - 5pm to prevent any readmissions and avoid delays and denials. The position will be to help cover for vacations or absences of regular staff during the work week or on weekends.
Hospital CM work experience preferred.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.