Restaurant Depot is NOW HIRING Stockers!
At Restaurant Depot, you'll find your share of honest work. We believe in doing whatever it takes to ensure that our customers get the best value possible, and reward the hard work and dedication of our star employees with opportunities for advancement. With new stores opening all the time, we're constantly on the lookout for future leaders. Stand out from the crowd and you could find yourself on a fast track to management.
Responsible for distributing and stocking merchandise throughout the store including caring for store equipment and cleaning hazardous materials spills. Also responsible for providing excellent customer service by greeting customers and assisting customers in locating, selecting, demonstrating, and loading of merchandise.
Requires availability any day of the week. Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise. Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties. Also, must be alright with working in cold temperatures as the seafood section is mainly going to be in the refrigerated section.
Responsibilities may include:
- Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.
- Mark items with identifying codes, such as price, stock, or inventory control codes.
- Continuously re-stock items into the assigned shelving areas.
- Replace damaged or missing items after communicating with Supervisor.
- Help customers fill orders.
- Replace damaged or missing products.
- Work with salespeople on inventory and orders.
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Set up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advice customers on merchandise selection.
- Load customer purchases onto U-boats.
- Stamp, attach, or change price tags on merchandise, referring to price list.