Aircraft Survival and Flight Equipment Repairer - Military Requirement
Occasional travel - Incumbent may be required to fly in a military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary/permanent duty assignments.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position may or will require incumbent to: (1) Incumbent's regular assignments are primarily ART duties: however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. (2) May be required to work uncommon tour of duty. (3) Must obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance. (4) Some positions under this announcement may be covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position. (5) Some positions under this announcement may be testing designated positions (TDP). Incumbent may be subject to random drug testing. (6) A valid drivers license may be required. (7) Some positions under this announcement may be controlled positions cover by the Personal Reliability Program (PRP).
A specific length of experience or training is not required. However, you must have had experience and/or training (military or civilian, paid or unpaid) of sufficient scope and quality to be able to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. You must show that you have the experience as identified in the Job Elements listed below as they relate to the position for which you are applying. Since your rating will be based upon the information you supply in your application (resume), you should be as detailed as possible and use the following Job Elements as a guide to assist you in identifying your relevant work experience.
Element A: Ability To Do the Work Aircraft Survival and Flight Equipment Repairer -- What work can you do by yourself without the help of a boss or supervisor? Give examples of the kinds instructions your supervisor gives you when you start a task. Tell about experience you have had that shows you can work on the basis of your own judgment. ELEMENT B: Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment -- List the hand tools, power tools, specialized tools, and related support equipment that you have used and give brief examples of the work performed with each. ELEMENT C: Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, and Repair -- List the kind of equipment you have had to assemble; make; install; test; or repair. Give examples of the duties you performed on the equipment such as assemble, disassemble; install; test; maintain; repair; troubleshoot; calibrate; modify; and design. ELEMENT F: Technical Practices -- Give examples of your work experience that required inventing new methods to do tasks that could not be done in regular ways. State trade theory or technical principles you are familiar with which must be understood to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Give examples of up-to-date trade practices. Also, give examples of your work which require precise timing, accurate dimensions, or precise fit. ELEMENT I: Use of Measuring Instruments -- List the measuring instruments and/or test equipment that you have used and briefly describe for what purpose you used each. ELEMENT J: Troubleshooting -- Give examples of your experience troubleshooting equipment. Show the extent to which you had to understand the entire system to isolate the problem. Tell extent of danger to equipment if incorrectly handled while troubleshooting. Give examples of the more difficult troubleshooting you have done. ELEMENT K: Ability To Interpret Instructions and Specs -- What kind of instructions, specification or directive have you had to interpret: Be sure to describe experience in interpreting new instructions or specifications concerning changes in operational procedures. How frequent were changes? On what jobs did you have to interpret manufacturer's guides, catalogues, technical manuals, drawings, blueprints, charts or maps? Give examples of the more difficult instructions, etc. you had to interpret.
Substitution of Education for Experience: NONE
- Preferred Military AFSC: 1P0X1
- Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training (VMET) documents with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the 'Transition GPS (Goals, Plans, Success)' website https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/tgps/ to obtain this VMET information.
- For more information visit the Air Force Special Examining Unit website at http://www.afrc.af.mil/AboutUs/JobOpportunities.aspx.
- Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Individuals with more than 120 days before separation date must submit with their application a letter, signed by their commanding officer, stating the individual will be released from active duty (Palace Chase) if they obtain an ART position. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
- Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition assistance Program (ICTAP) must rank in the Best or Highly qualified catergories to be considered well qualified for the position. Federal civilian employees seeking ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirement of 5 CFR 330.704. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of the most recent Performance Rating, and a copy of the most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as an ICTAP eligible.
- Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. For information on military spouse preference, please refer to website http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/veterans-authorities/#url=Appointment-of-Military-Spouses. Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference.
- All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Please note if duplicate/multiple application materials are submitted, we will consider the most recent submission as the one of record. If you do not meet the screen out questions, you will not receive any further consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the job elements for the position listed under 'Qualifications Required' and quality categories as shown below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans within the same quality category. Each applicant will receive an initial rating based solely on their responses to the assessment questionnaire. To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. The final rating is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the job elements required for this position.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified - Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position. Highly Qualified - Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position. Qualified - Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure your ability as indentified in the Job Elements listed under 'Qualification Required' as they relate to the position for which you are applying.Read more Security clearance Other