Assistant Receiving Manager
Responsible for monitoring all activities in the receiving area pertaining to all incoming/outgoing merchandise and the Receiving CRT. Must also take precautions and be aware of any potential theft indicators. Provides leadership and guidance to all power equipment operators that are involved with loading and unloading of product into trailers.
- Ensure accuracy of item description and counts for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensure accuracy of all UPC numbers for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensure accuracy when filling out Manifest/Bill of Lading.
- Ensure accuracy and maintain IBT Seal Log for both incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Run Order Pool (To maintain on time Purchase Orders).
- Record and file all incoming and outgoing Purchase Orders.
- Ensure GRB and any AVs are current and accurate.
- Ensure Receiving CRT is entering all receivings on a daily basis.
- File all Driver Logs.
- Ensure Receiving CRT Clerk has all deliveries properly scheduled.
- Monthly self audits being performed; action items addressed.
- Maintain open channel of communications with Logistics Department.
- Unload, Verify, Record, and Label all Cross-Dock Pickups.
- Ensure all Safety Policies are being adhered to in department.
- Ensure all HACCP guidelines are in place and according to plan.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree, OR
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service, OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation and documentation.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Requires constant exposure to outside temperatures. Dock gates are opened most of the day allowing the temperatures from the outside to affect the temperature in the Receiving Dept.
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters)