Works closely with Branch Manager to ensure efficient operations in Inventory, Front End, Cash Room and Receiving Departments. Maintains a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient customer service. Supports the Branch Manager in maintaining company standards.
- Maintains the accuracy of the physical inventory at the branch.
- Makes decisions on pricing and insures that gross margins are maintained on a level required by corporate.
- Communicates margin issues to buyers and follows up for timely response.
- Reviews sales price differential report to determine if front end pricing is accurate and makes the appropriate changes.
- Insures that cycle counts are being conducted on a timely and regular basis.
- Trains all staff for inventory purposes and is responsible for the preparation and conducting of semi-annual inventories.
- Coordinates Inventory Control with the Receiving, Perishables, Dry Goods Floor and Front End to make sure low stock, out of stock, negative on hand and computer inventory is correct.
- Supervises Stock-taker (see # 5).
- Coordinates writing of adjustment vouches to vendors for damages and meets with vendor reps to obtain their approvals.
- Responsible for liquor and tobacco tax filings with the proper governmental agencies.
- Reports shrink and research causes.
- Control markdowns & voids by monitoring damages and overstock.
- Analyzes and determines reasons for negative inventory and margins.
- Reviews store statistical reports for any abnormal or erroneous data.
Performs various tasks and projects as directed by Branch Manager and Corporate Headquarters.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 4 years experience in retail or wholesale.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Background in Physical Inventory maintenance/control.
- Proven leadership skills; ability to supervise and direct employees.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, vendors, customers and buying department.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Must be PC literate; working knowledge of MS Office; 10-key skills a big plus.
- For the most part the ambient temperature will be moderate.
- The work is performed standing/walking must be able to stand/walk for up to 4 hours without a break.
- Physical labor is moderate to high (seasonal) must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs; must be able to push and pull up to 400 lbs on a cart with wheels.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, Hilo) moving material throughout the warehouse.