Cash Room Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Works closely with Branch Manager to ensure efficient operation of the Cash Room. Responsible for maintaining accurate records of Cash Room related transactions. Follows-up and maintains Branch Manager aware of discrepancies, debits, and bad checks. Responsible for distribution of cash when registers are opened and collection when closed.
- Ensures friendly, efficient and professional customer service.
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures Cash Room and key box are locked at all times and money is kept secured at all times.
- Maintains records of monetary transactions such as safe counts, toll vouchers, coupons, returned checks, coin orders, petty cash, IOUs and key inventory.
- Ensures each business day is properly closed and balanced
- Follows proper procedure for armored car pick-ups.
- Enters data such as returned check fee into proprietary software
- Reviews bank website on a daily basis in order to review bad checks and debits (cash or check shortages)
- Reviews weekly e-mails from bank concerning credit inquiries.
- Cashes out cashiers at end of each shift, maintains records of discrepancies and issues corrective consultations for discrepancies above policy tolerance.
- Maintains employee break sheets.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 2 years similar experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and customers
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, and proportions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- For the most part the ambient temperature will be moderate.
- The work is performed sitting, standing and walking must be able to sit, stand or walk for up to 4 hours without a break
- Pace is job-set, meaning the pace varies depending on the customers activities.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, Hilo) moving material throughout the warehouse.