Assistant Floor Manager
Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided. 50% or more of the job includes manual labor.
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Supervises and works together with Floor Supervisor (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that shelves are stocked and merchandise is rotated.
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including terminations
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
- Interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Floor Supervisor (if applicable) and Stocker/s in the receiving of products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Supervises the ordering of products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
- Ensures that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation, etc.) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Performs weekly self audits on the perishable department.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree, OR
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service, OR
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation and documentation.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Computer Literacy
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50 or less) 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour)