Entry Level Geospatial Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking a Geospatial Analyst in our Fairfax, VA office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual to join a team of professionals while working in a multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm. The firm succeeds through the individual and collaborative skills of its people therefore we offer opportunities for professional growth while working with and applying the latest technology. Typical responsibilities are to work on the GIS/IT and Remote Sensing related projects for local, state and federal clients across the US.
- Data feature extraction/compilation;
- Create a variety of digital mapping products using various software platforms;
- Capture and analyze data;
- Create and manipulate databases;
- Elevation data Processing and Manipulation
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or related field.
- 0 to 2 years of experience in the GIS/Remote Sensing Field.
- Knowledge or experience in data compilation.
- In-depth knowledge of ESRI's software, including ArcGIS 10x.
- SOCET Set experience a plus.
- PLTS tool kit experience a plus.
- LiDAR knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.