SUMMARY: Afterwords Caf is looking for Servers who can provide friendly and efficient service in a fast-paced, busy caf. Known locally, nationally and internationally as a one-of-a-kind landmark in Washington, D.C., we want our Servers to be personable and energetic; able to showcase their own personalities; to engage customers; and to interact courteously & respectfully with our seasoned staff - and have a good time doing so.
- Minimum 6 months experience in fast-paced, table-service dining preferred
- Ability to multi-task: tracking customers needs and demands; juggling multiple tables;
- organizing guest checks; interacting with varied staff cooks, bussers, runners and hosts
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and late supper some shifts until 4 AM Fridays & Saturdays
- Able to communicate effectively
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages (18)
- Able to work calmly and effectively within a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Some experience with a computerized Point of Sale (Micros 3700) preferred