7 days left
- Full Time
SUMMARY: Afterwords Caf is the restaurant operation of Kramerbooks & Afterwords, a landmark in DCs Dupont Circle for almost 40 years Located just across from the Dupont Circle metro, we are a fast-paced, table-service caf with a varied menu throughout all meal periods. Our line cooks prepare station menu items in accordance with the Cafs recipes and are expected to work together as a team to prepare innovative foods with quality and speed. We want you to be able to contribute to our innovative menu that has made us Washingtons pre-eminent caf.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a high volume restaurant over all meal periods: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch and Late night Supper willing to work hard and learn
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and late supper some shifts until 4 AM Fridays & Saturdays
- High school diploma (or equivalent) encouraged
- Able to follow recipes and instructions, by example and by printed recipe
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation. DC Certified Food Manager License preferred,
- We will provide training and help with certification
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure within a fast-paced, tight cooking line
- High energy and stamina. Able to stand, kneel, bend, and walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Restocking from basement prep kitchen necessary.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 90 degrees
- Able to communicate both in English and Spanish preferred