Summary of Position:
Provide great guest service by assisting all servers in meeting the needs of our guests. Assist servers, host and managers in keeping the dining room and all guest visitation areas spotless.
Essential Job Functions
- ?Make sure tables are cleaned and reset within 2 minutes of guest departure and that tables are clean and dry from the floor to the table top
- ?Supports servers through pre-bussing tables to keep them clean and ensure our guests are having an excellent dining experience
- ?Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and guest service ?
- Keep dining room floors and all guest visitation areas clean and dry to ensure our guests’ safety while in our restaurants
- ?Set up, clean and organize guest areas before the restaurant opens and during the shift. Maintain a spotless dining room in order for our guests to know they are in a world-class facility
- ?Assist servers and hosts in checking on guest restrooms every 30 minutes to ensure they are clean and stocked and in perfect condition for our guests
- ?Assist servers stocking ice and glassware and stay prepared for all guests’ needs ?
- Attend to any guest that might ask for help. Ensure that their concerns are resolved quickly and efficiently ?
- Genuinely thank guests and invite them to return
- ?Look for any work that may need to be done in support of the servers. Complete all sidework and any extra duties assigned by manager
- ?Ensure that there is plenty of clean and rolled silverware available to operate the shift. Roll silverware as needed for our guests and directed by management
- ?Must arrive to work on time well-groomed and in clean and pressed attire according to Cheddar’s written dress and appearance standards
Characteristics of a Successful Cheddar’s Busser:
- ?Guest-service oriented
- ?Great team player
- ?High standards
- Ability to multi-task
- ?Must practice high sanitary standards including washing hands frequently
- Must be a good team player willing to help any employee in need
- Must maintain a great smile and attitude throughout the shift
- Must be able to work quickly to clean tables as they are vacated by guests
- Must have a sense of urgency to clean any spill or trash on the floor
- Must be able to follow directions from managers and other employees
- Be able to lift, reach, bend and stoop
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Must be able to carry large trays of food
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to cleaning solutions