Neimand Collaborative, a social impact marketing firm based in Washington, DC, seeks a Communications Coordinator with the right combination of analytic, client management and creative skills. Our firm names, brands, messages and markets organizations, causes and programs for clients that seek to improve communities and societies. We create social and economic progress by harnessing the confluence of politics, policy and people. Our work spans a wide range of issues, such as education, health, financial inclusion and upward mobility.
Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree or higher, combined with one year of experience in the field of communications, marketing or media, an appreciation for research-driven strategy and creative development, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic communications, ensuring fidelity to the brand and message frame while working with the team to produce and edit key communications materials (presentations, positioning documents, messaging materials, web copy, etc.).
- Support the team in developing client and partner relationships during the planning, development, and execution of projects. Assist with scheduling, workflow, and production, internally and externally.
- Support day-to-day activities with effective project management to ensure that client deliverables, budgets, and timelines are met.
- Develop social media content for a wide variety of clients and issues.
- Edit, proofread, fact-check, and coordinate production of a variety of communications materials. Ensure that communications are accurate, clear, and complete; ensure that they are correct in terms of spelling, grammar, and punctuation; and ensure that they maintain a consistent tone and voice.
- Review existing research and content, summarize and provide a strategic analysis that helps the team focus and move forward with creative solutions.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative and office duties i.e. coordinating travel, tracking expenses, scheduling meetings, ordering lunches.
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidates must be self-starters who are excited to work in a stimulating environment where people support each other with distinct, yet overlapping skills. Additional skills include:
- Inquisitive intellect with the ability to thoughtfully understand clients’ strengths, weaknesses, and challenges.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to problem-solve and develop solutions,
- Adeptness in juggling and prioritizing multiple projects across clients,
- Strong ability to identify client/project needs and advocate for them,
- Excellent people skills and ability to work with a wide range of people,
- Familiarity with the application and production of interactive products (websites, Twitter, Facebook, mobile), print and video a plus,
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline, combined with a minimum of one year of experience in developing communications and/or strategic messaging and brands.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer